This is a repeating event12/03/2022 8:00 am
We love islands… now for Formentera! We are going to walk around the entire coastline of Formentera over the 4 Saturdays of March. It’s like being transported to paradise, the beaches,
We love islands… now for Formentera!
We are going to walk around the entire coastline of Formentera over the 4 Saturdays of March. It’s like being transported to paradise, the beaches, the clear seas and the tranquillity (especially in winter). To walk the entire coastline is no easy adventure, there are many lovely beaches, but then the two ‘Caps’ to navigate with their ravines and gullies, so be prepared for a great Adventure!
The total distance is about 80kms, so the weekly walk will average 20kms.
Stage 1: 5th March, 21kms. La Savina port to Es Calo. Long beach walks all the way along the famous Ses Illetes on both sides – salt – swim stops – clear seas – pirate tower – largest town – cliff jumping – stone circles – boat houses – rocky sea walks – wilderness.
Stage 2: 12th March, 20kms. Es Calo to Es Arenals. Starting with the Roman road – stunning views – rave cave – the Cap – lighthouse – ravines – gullies – wilderness – clear seas – swim – beach.
Stage 3: 19th March, 18kms. Es Arenals to Cap de Barberia. The long boardwalk – beach – pirate tower – swim – beach – boat houses – wilderness – ancient Sabina trees – pirate tower – lighthouse.
Stage 4: 26th March, 20kms. Cap de Barberia to La Savina. Starting with wilderness – gullies – goats – ravines – rubbish – views – clear seas – amazing houses – beach – swim – lake – salt – complete!
- We’ll meet you at 8.45h at the ticket office (Google Map Pin: https://goo.gl/maps/9nCwYXjHpdagX9pz7) and take the 09.00h boat over in the morning and then make 1 stage each Saturday. We will return on around 17h into Ibiza (depending on the speed of the group).
- Fully guided and including the minibus transfers at the start and end of each stage.
- €65 per person including a legendary Sheila homemade brownie.
- You can join the individual stages or join all 4 Saturdays.
- You will need to provide your own water, snacks and lunches.
- You have to pay for your own boat ticket, if you are a resident, you get 75% off (you pay about €15 return) and non-residents we can get 50% off the price (you pay about €25 return).
- Suggested you wear closed shoes/boots from stage 2 onwards as there are lots of little spikey grass shoots that spike your feet! Ideally leather or similar so the spikes do not get to your skin.
Contact details of your guide for today: Toby +34 608 69 29 01.
WHAT TO BRING:
-A small backpack so your hands are free
-At least 1.5 litres of water
-Some snacks to keep you going
-Good foot wear that has been worn in
-Sunblock if required
-Sun hat if required
-Light shower coat, just in case (in the winter months)
We have walking poles available to assist you if required.
-Everything in a backpack so your hands are free
-Good trainers suitable for biking
-Gloves suitable for biking if you have them
-1.5 liters of water per person
-Light wind stop / shower coat
We have liability insurance, but do not have medical insurance – this is your responsibility.
All our guides are trained and have the ability to lead groups, they all carry a first aid kit and use walkie talkies to keep in contact with a back marker to make sure the group stays together and are safe. We also have strict departure and return procedure to ensure everyone is accounted for.
The trip and your safety is your responsibility and you must ensure you are covered for this prior to coming on the walk.
Don’t hesitate contacting us if you have further questions.
You may also be interested in our Food Tours, guided tours around Ibiza town tasting great food and drinks www.IbizaFoodTours.com.